Club Fair: and other 1st 5 weeks ideas
Element Leaders: one student leads each of the following…
- Prayer: to help the group focus on talking to God… about everything
- Evangelism: to help the group to reach out to lost students with the gospel
- Bible Content: to help the group understand God and His mission through His word
- Community: to help the group grow together so outsiders see your love and praise God
Events: Conferences, retreats and mission trips
Discipleship: All leaders and interested students mentored with “The Compass”
Senior Challenge: Disciplers coach upper classmen to live missionally after college.
AS A PARENT:
You can help your high school student get plugged in with their youth group or a high school ministry.
As they prepare for college, help them know what to expect when they get there.
AS A YOUTH GROUP:
Keep upper classmen engaged as they prepare for what’s next. Cru High School can equip them as missionaries to their school and you can prepare them by sharing the gospel, praying for/visiting your local campus and sending care packages to students you know.
Invite students as guest speakers or a Q&A Panel. Avoid the drop-off that often occurs during their first few unengaged weeks on campus by connecting them to the campus ministry at their chosen college.
While you’re still investigating, here are some options that involve minimum commitment. Contact us to:
- Receive Campus Prayer Letters
- Visit a Campus Meeting
- Send a Care Package
- Introduce Us to Your College Students
- Attend a Fellowship Dinner
- Host a Summer Ministry
The best way to connect with grads is to meet them while they are in college. Here are a few ideas:
- Scholarship a student and open your facilities for Cru meetings
- Bring food, Bibles or transportation to events
- Host an after-church meal or a college/career Bible study.
- Disciple a student or offer to be a Transitional Coach
With all their passion and experience, Cru grads can be a great blessing to your church if you help them adjust to life after college:
- Help them Define a Calling for their lives and find others with the same vision
- Challenge them to Consider FT Ministry or to reach their neighbors and coworkers.
- Have them run an Evangelism seminar or some other event
- Take them through an In-Transition Study
We’ve told you about a lot, based on partnerships that have gone well so far, and it may feel like drinking from a fire hose… or maybe we missed something important. If you have any ideas you’d like to try out or for us to share with other partners, please contact CampusInfo@cru.org and ask to connect with the “Church Partnership Specialist.” We believe God has called ALL His children to be a part of fulfilling the Great Commission, and that it won’t be done until we are one (John 17:20-21)!